MARAC and DASH
MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) & DASH (Domestic Abuse, Stalking, Harassment and Honour Based Violence) Risk Identification Checklist training (Bracknell Forest)
This one day multi-agency course is intended to increase the confidence and skills of frontline practitioners and specialist staff in relation to responding to victims of domestic abuse. It will do this through giving delegates an understanding of high risk factors for serious harm and homicide, how to use the DASH risk identification checklist and make appropriate referrals into, and engage effectively with the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC).
The day will examine and explore:
- Agency responsibility in relation to risk identification, assessment and management
- The risk identification process and the high risk factors for serious harm and homicide
- How the DASH fits in with partnership working and risk management panels, specifically the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
- The MARAC process
- The benefits of proportionate information sharing and co-ordinated action planning
- The role of the Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA)
It is aimed at professionals working across Bracknell Forest in either voluntary or statutory services who come into contact with victims of domestic abuse, or members of the general public whereby disclosure of domestic abuse may take place.
There is no charge for attendance however please note that all non attendees will be charged £75 unless prior notification of non attendance is given prior to the event.
You should have a sound understanding of domestic abuse issues, prior to undertaking this course. Introduction to Domestic Abuse and/or other Safeguarding training are suitable options.
The MARAC and DASH flyer gives further information. BFC Council staff should book via iWorks. For everyone else please book your place via Organisational.Development@Bracknell-Forest.gov.uk.